Tuesday 19 July 2022

Conversations With Characters: Protecting Their Heart

Sometimes when I'm telling their stories the characters from my romance novels get a bit chatty. They're not necessarily helpful, but as a romance writer, it's nice to talk to them. 

Protecting Their Heart is my current Work In Progress. A menage shifter romance that is at the moment, in edits. 

Chatty Characters


I have a scene in the current Accalia book and my characters keep creating obstacles, never quite reaching the scene planned. I don't know if I'm forcing it or if the book is necessary to move things forward. 

      Adam: It'll happen if it needs to happen. 

That's not really helpful.

      Adam Continued: (Shrugs) Was aiming more for honest. 

      Ethan: I say do it. (Pause) Wait, am I in it?

That's not the point. 

      Ethan Continued: If the scene involves me or Penny, then I say keep it. 

      Adam clears his throat pointedly. At Ethan's blank look, he lifts an eyebrow. Ethan rolls his eyes. 

      Ethan Continued: Fine. Me, Penny or Adam then keep it. 

Obviously one of you is in it. It's your bloody book. 

       Ethan Continued: Then keep it. You know what I say about a book about us. The longer the better. 


Romance Novels and The Characters


More information and details will be coming soon from the Accalia wolf pack and the books about them. Book cover, teasers, and blurb are still to come. 

If you're interested in reading paranormal romance stories by me, visit my Smashwords page and see what's available. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Beltane

My first book River’s Heart is the first of The Shadow Coven series. It’s series about a cursed coven who have finally found the goddesses f...