Wednesday 15 June 2022

Lifestyle and Romance Writing

 This blog is a bit of a lifestyle post. I’m writing it from a single woman point of view, rather than a romance writer point of view. Or maybe both. I’m a romance author all the time.

To the lifestyle blog of it, here it is. 

Evening restaurant

Inspired by Lifetime Movies

I’m watching a movie. It’s a daytime movie. One that’s on channel 5 in the afternoons.

I love this kind of movie. They’re dramatic and predictable and easy to watch. Not to mention that crazy characters are hella fun to watch.

In this particular movie, there’s this one scene where the couple are sitting at the restaurant, it’s a pretty patio with twinkling lights, it’s late evening, and they’re on a date. The chick is crazy, but that’s not the point of this. The point is the crazy chick was wearing this cornflower blue dress. It’s low back, it’s v neck with spaghetti straps.

It’s a beautiful dress.

Evenings in London

The point is that it brings me back to nights in London, at the restaurant overlooking Tower Bridge. My favourite moments in my past.

Over the past few years, I’ve become a bit reclusive. Covid hasn’t helped. In some regards, I have improved. I’m more motivated, I’m trying to build my writing career and while I’m not at any risk of earning millions, it is currently the best it’s been.

But… I miss London. I miss wearing a pretty dress and sitting at a restaurant on the outside patio on a warm evening, eating ravioli and drinking wine. I miss having a cocktail and exploring the city.

I want to go again.

The crazy chick in the movie, sitting at the restaurant in the pretty dress, marked the moment I decided I wanted to get off my ass and find my motivation.

Lifestyle Change Please 


Currently, I’m unhealthy, and overweight which makes me lethargic and fatigued. I’m lazy and that doesn’t help the situation. I’m a little bit of a scruff-bag.

I don’t want that to be the case anymore. I don’t want to go to work, come home and never do anything. I want to write short stories and romance novels, and when I’m not writing to go outside.

I want to wear a pretty dress and sit at a restaurant on an outside patio on a warm evening, as I eat ravioli and drink wine. Now, though, I want it to be a dog-friendly one, so my furbaby can be there too.

Romance Writer Leaves the Cave 

My writing cave is super cute. It has a big bed, a big TV and it’s stocked with junk food and booze, but now, I feel like it’s time for me to step out of it. At least every now and then.

Maybe do some exercise. Eat some healthy food. Breathe some outside air. 

I need to be more active than I  have been! 

If you enjoyed this blog then take a look around and read some more. Or head on over to my author's website for book extras.


 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Beltane

My first book River’s Heart is the first of The Shadow Coven series. It’s series about a cursed coven who have finally found the goddesses f...